Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Inspiration- The Golden Globes

Hello Beauties!



This past weekend was The Golden Globe awards and Hollywood's most glamorous women did not disapoint.  I love award's season in Los Angeles because there is a Luxurious feeling in the air.  Everyone is on their way to a Party!  I was at the grocery store getting a few snacks and flowers to watch the show in style, and someone even asked me which Party I was organizing!!

My favorite part of any award's show is the Red Carpet.  I get to see the color, fabiric and fits that will inspire the Bridal Party Gowns and the overall Color Palettes for the upcoming year. 

I personally love wearing red, so it is no surprise my two favorites on Sunday night were Resse Witherspoon (wearing Zac Posen) and Diana Agron (wearing Giles Deacon).  Both women looked Modern, Luxurious and Magical.  I loved how sexy Reese's hair looked and the laser cut bodice on Diana's dress would be amazing texture for an outrageous backdrop behind the altar.  An honorable mention is Amber Riley (wearing Badgley Mischka).  The side ruching is so flattering and would make a wonderful bridesmaid dress, for all shapes and sizes.



Another look I loved on the red carpet this weekend were the blush tones.  My favorite had to be Charlize Theron (wearing Dior).  Her hemline was amazing!  I would love to see a daring bride strut down the aisle showing off the most fabulous shoes possible.  Another look I really liked was Angelina Jolie (wearing Atelier Versace).  She looked perfectly tailored and had the best Ice Queen Bitch face all night.  The pop of red would be a wonderful complement to the bridal party and I could picture a Mother of the Bride or Groom in this look.


 Another Honorable mention goes to Heidi Klum (wearing Calvin Klein).  Her pop of turqouise is great inspiration for a Spring or Summer wedding.  I would love to see all of the bridesmaids in different nude colored dresses with turquoise jewelery.  This color palette would look amazing in Palm Desert or Laguna Beach.


And Lastly I loved the Yellow gowns this year! Those gowns popped on the red carpet and brought the color to a much higher sophistication level.  I would use this color in late summer and early fall.  Maybe with a black and white stipe accent or a gorgeous cobalt blue in a hacienda inspired venue.  Paula Patton (wearing Monique Lhuillier), Maria Menounos (wearing Blumarine) and Mireille Enos (wearing Naeem Khan).



Which gowns will inspire you this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment