Saturday, February 11, 2012

XOXO Brunch

Hello Beauties!

Valentine's Day is especially special to me because it is the time of year I started dating Johnny. This year is our 5th Anniversary!  We always celebrate our anniversary on February 14 because it is such a romantic day anyways, so why not!   
We love brunch and I knew this XOXO Brunch would be perfect.  All of our favorites to luxuriously eat while lounging around all morning, what could be better?

Belgian waffles with a bit of vanilla extract mixed into the batter always tastes delicious.  I love greek yogurt with berries, so I set up a build your own parfait station with fresh berries, Kashi Granola and Fage Greek Yogurt.  Quiche is a brunch staple and I made a broccoli cheese version (recipe below).  I also made a custom mocktail- Pucker Up Punch.  It is a raspberry lemon punch.  You could always add some champagne or vodka for a little kick.

Broccoli Cheese Quiche
3 eggs
1 cups milk (estimate)
1/2 small onion
2 cups streamed broccoli
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup white cheese (I used Pepper Jack)
1/2 cup mild cheddar
1 Frozen Pie Crust

Preheat oven to 375. Steam the broccoli until it is slightly softened.  Saute the onion and slightly steamed broccoli with the garlic until soft and fragrant.  Layer the bottom of the pie crust with half of the white cheese and half of the cheddar.  Next, put the broccoli mixture into the pie crust.  Beat the eggs and mix in milk.  Now pour egg/milk mixture over the broccoli, pressing to allow as much eggs as possible.  Now top with the remaining cheese.  Bake for about 25-45 minutes depending on your oven.  Insert a knife into the middle of the quiche, when it is dry it is done. I like mine a bit well done and crispy on top. 


Flowers are very important on Valentine's day.  This Hydrangea and Roses arrangement is perfect! I used three hydrangea stems and two dozen roses.  The table is set with silver rimmed china on top of silver leaf chargers.  The banner was custom made with red and hot pink paper. 

Check out Dear Lillie Blog {HERE} and vote for my post as your favorite!
Cricut Tutorials Coming Soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment